If you have come this far, that means that you have probably purchased Bitcoin from a National Bitcoin ATM.... So congrats !! :D
If not, don't worry as this section (as well as the others) are a good place to start before purchasing Bitcoin from our machines.
Throughout the sections of the FAQs we will cover many of the main issues that you might encounter when learning how to use bitcoin and how to purchase them through our machines.
Before getting started, here are a few Tips and Advice to take note of:
- What is Bitcoin ?
- If you would like to read/learn more about what Bitcoin is and the benefits of using it here is a very helpful guide.
- Bitcoin is not a company and we do not work for it
- Just like the internet, Bitcoin is not owned by anyone nor is anyone in charge of it. It is an open sourced technology that we use to send value ($) digitally around the globe. We are just a broker that helps to issue Bitcoin.
- We are not in charge of your Bitcoin !
- Once we Send the Bitcoin to your paper wallet (the receipt with the QR codes) or to your digital wallet there is no way for us to recover the bitcoin or change where those bitcoin are being sent. This would be like if we sent you cash in the mail and it was lost. We have no way of controlling the Bitcoin after we have sent it so make sure you take proper precautions whenever you are buying, selling, or trading Bitcoin.
- To Spend/Send Bitcoin that you purchased at our machines, you will need to do so from a digital wallet (one that is connected to the internet)
- When you use our machines you will be given a choice to scan a wallet you already have or to print a new wallet. If you choose to print a new wallet our machines will print out 2 receipts. One with the transaction information, and the other with 2 QR codes is your wallet. To send the Bitcoin from your receipt (paper wallet) you will need to import the Bitcoin funds into a digital wallet (one that is connected to the internet). You can learn more about this in the following sections.
- Don't just use any digital wallet that you find. Do your research!
- There are hundreds or wallet services around that offer ways to store and send your Bitcoin. However, there are a large number of them that are scams and when you sweep the Bitcoin from our receipt into those wallet services they will sometimes steal your Bitcoin.
- One wallet to look out for is one called "Bitcoin" in the app store of your mobile device. There have been multiple reports of this application misplacing customer Bitcoin and it does not properly scan the QR codes from our receipts.
- We recommend using a wallet called Blockchain.info. This wallet is available for download in the Apple and Android app store. You can also create a wallet online at https://blockchain.info which you can then manage from your phone.
- If you received a receipt with 2 QR codes on it from one of our Bitcoin ATMs, DON'T THROW IT AWAY! - Go to THIS LINK to learn more.
To learn more about how to use our Bitcoin ATMs, create a Bitcoin wallet, or any other questions you may have please go back to our General Support Center category or check out our Frequently Asked Questions category.